Things I must do today:
1. Go somewhere w/o my sibling bc she’s the kind of person who doesn’t say she’s sick of you…she just starts being passive aggressive, until you back off, (but then it’s her who confronts you about “Why are you not talking to me?”).
2. Plan what I’m stuck on…in order to leave this city again. ASAP.
3. Take time to take care of myself and get some alone time…while sorting stuff out.
4. Be excited about the new therapist I’m meeting this week…but also realize my problems will NOT be fixed in one appointment. And also realize I can look for another one, if this one isn’t right.
5. Have empathy for my family, who may or may not be working on their problems…but I should keep in mind that no one can SEE clearly, if they’re in denial. I’ve been there.
|—||David Leviathan (via onlinecounsellingcollege)|
Nicki Minaj speaking up about the backlash she received for her “Anaconda” cover. There will forever be a difference in how black bodies are viewed even when being marketed the same way. When black women show their bodies they are hoochies and hoes. But when white women show their bodies in a similar or even more revealing manner it is ART or fine. It can be sold in stores, seen in households without a second glance. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with women showing skin but pointing out there’s no difference between the two. Intersectionality is real. Hard out here for black women. Feminist movement never claimed us.
she deserved that though,it’s annoying getting your name mispronounced
Not even mispronounced. Straight up “Americanized”.
me when buying something over $10: do i need this? do i need any material objects? will this matter when i face the great abyss?
Dear Brother: How the hell am I gonna be able to watch you raise kids, if we don’t even agree on how to care for pets??